1. Go to Tools > Accounts...
2. Click Add...
3. Select E-mail Account and click Next.
4. You will be prompted for "Your Name". Please enter the name you wish the From: header to display (such as firstname.lastname@example.org) and click Next. Then, on the "Internet E-mail Address" prompt, enter (Pobox address) for E-mail address: and click Next.
5. Under "Set up e-mail servers":
-Incoming e-mail server type: Please get this setting from your ISP (Pobox recommends IMAP)
-Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server: Please get this setting from your ISP
-Outgoing e-mail server (SMTP) name: smtp.pobox.com
Please check "Outgoing server requires authentication" and click Next.
6. For "Internet Mail Login":
-E-mail username: Please get this setting from your ISP
-Password: Please get this setting from your ISP
and click Next, and Finished.
7. Go back to Tools > Accounts...
8. Click on the E-mail Account you wish to have send through the Pobox SMTP, and click Properties.
9. Click on the Servers tab. Please note that in this screenshot, the "mail.isp.com" is simply an stand-in for your ISP's setting and should NOT be used as a an actual server name. Please look under Outgoing Mail Server and click Settings...
10. Under "Logon Information", click "Log on using" and fill in:
-E-mail username: (Your Pobox address)
-Password: Your Pobox Password
Check "Remember password" and click OK, then Apply, and OK.
You are done setting up Windows Mail to receive mail from your ISP and send mail through the Pobox SMTP.