If you already know how to set up your email program, here are the standard SMTP settings for Pobox accounts. We also provide step-by-step instructions for many major email programs. Please replace the information in bold with your own account information.
If your port numbers do not match the ones below, you may have been connecting to Pobox insecurely. For your protection, we no longer accept connections on ports that permit insecure connections. Please update your settings!
For all account types who wish to SEND mail through Pobox.
- Outgoing Email Server (SMTP): smtp.pobox.com
- Outgoing Email SSL/TLS: On
- Outgoing Port: 587 (if you're having trouble using port 587, please try port 465)
- Make sure to select "Log in Authorization" or "Password" for authentication
- User Name: your complete Pobox or personal domain email address (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Password: your Pobox password (or app-specific password if you use two-factor auth)
- Please note that if an incorrect password is used you may not experience an immediate error message and may experience a "Timeout" error. If you experience problems sending mail, please double check that your password is correct.
If you have a Pobox Basic or Plus account, please use the incoming server settings provided by your forwarding address.
If you are having difficulty sending mail, please use the step-by-step instructions for your email program.